400 g penne pasta, cooked
250 – 400 ml cream
200 g cooked ham or 200 g prosciutto, finely sliced and cut into small pieces
1⁄2 – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1⁄2 – 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
1 1⁄2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1) Heat the oil in a skillet.
2) On a high heat, quickly fry the ham or prosciutto until starting to brown, keep stirring it continuously to stop it from burning.
3) Turn down to a low heat or if cooking on an electric hob turn it off, pour in 250 ml of cream.
4) Add the cayenne pepper and stir in the parmesan.
5) If the sauce seems really thick add some more cream, the pasta shouldn’t be dry, but neither should it swim in sauce.
6) Stir in the pasta and serve straight away.